July 03, 2016

Amigurumi Eeveelution: Jolteon

Here comes Jolteon..!

Pattern credits to
https://chainoneandturn.wordpress.com/2012/02/29/jolteon-pattern/

and once again body+head+legs are from wolfdreamer~
http://wolfdreamer-oth.blogspot.sg/2010/08/umbreon-plushie.html

Initially I wanted to do Vaporeon first after the sun+moon couple (AKA Umbreon+Espeon)
and planned to do the first 3 eeveelutions (Jolteon+Vaporeon+Flareon)
But plans are meant to be changed :p
The blues that I got aren't really close to the right blue I wanted
So I'm thinking I would probably buy a few other blue shades along with my espeon purple the next time
and for now, lets just do the rest first

So I decided on jolteon, because I specially got a different yellow for it compared to the one I used for jirachi and umbreon rings
Its a little darker, probably darker than the yellow I see from pictures online
But I was pretty sure it would work out great because this yellow is just like thunder yellow
Just a tint of orange shade, but not too dark, not too bright of a yellow either

Anyway!
Though I credited the pattern but to be honest I basically only followed her ear and collar pattern
(not to forget body+head+legs are ofc, still from wolfdreamer)
I made my own patterns for the spikes because the ones from the link is all magic rings and rather thick
As I don't use ready-made felt pieces, I made my own black inner ear too
This is a lesson learnt from my Espeon..
Never do wool felting on a big area such as the inner ear lol

And so this one took longer than my umbreon/espeon
technically it's double the time
Took this one 4days
But also because I was kinda relaxed doing it because I had to plan the spikes too so I kinda slowed down my speed too......
..So maybe you wanna say it's 3days! :P

Alright here we go



Pretty much satisfied with this little one ^0^
The spikes turned out great too~ (Just lotsa weaving ends to do)
And kinda heavy too..
And this one almost, ALMOST used up my yarn ball (and mind you, it's a new ball..!)

But anyway enjoyed making this~
Next is probably flareon
But I've been hesitating on both eevee and flareon because of their fluffy parts
Someone on the net did them like fur but I still can't decide if I want it that way or make it a fixed shape sooooooooooooooo...
I dont know, maybe I'll end up doing someone else first instead while I think xD 

No comments:

Post a Comment